Tuesday, April 9, 2013

I'm like a child.

So you know when you have a million things you SHOULD be doing...

like unpacking 200 boxes,


or taking pretty staged photos of very cool merchandise for your shop,

super awesome 60's paint by number with colors that are so vivid in person

or staging that giganto wall unit that finally gives you place to display your hoarding tendencies,


you blow them all off because you MUST immediately deal with this:


You feel me, right?
(childlike behavior reference numéro uno)

So it's in my office, which is open to the rest of the house, and my office already presents visual challenges with the sheer amount of items, and it is literally a 30 second fix.

Well, 30 seconds because I am going to say to Matt, could you swap out that light for this one?

BOOM! Done.  I don't even have to help!  Nevermind it's likely because I have a wicked sense of humor and will stand directly next to the light switch whilst he works. 

hehe.
(childlike behavior reference 2)

Lavender is making resurgence.  Like Mint, which may have been a little more last year, but for some of us it's very now after we've caught up.

I'm not really a pastelly girl, but I'll admit I've taken the bait.

I checked into that Montana Gold spray paint all the cool blogs are using, but honestly, the reviews online aren't so hot, primary critique being you have to shake it FOREVER, and I just don't have the patience for that sort of thing. 
(childlike behavior reference trois)

So tossing out some really amazing color options for a limited, although increasing, color choices of Krylon available at my local walmart.

I like to punish myself by going to Krylon's website first to see what they actually offer, deciding on something only to discover my local store doesn't carry it.

I really liked the hyacinth, not because it's one of my most fave flowers, but it's lavender with a decent amount of gray.

Btw, this is the photo that I saw that started this mess.


But as expected, THIS was what they had on the shelves.



"gumdrop" it is!

I haven't been able to find a home, (someone else's) for that giant 16 light brass chandelier I painted gray, so even though the scale is very large for the space and ceiling height, I'm going to go for it.

At least it will make me happier than the one that's there until I find one I love.

Bought these yesterday, coincidence or sign I'm on the right path?
hmmm.



Maybe it's not even my procrastination's fault, maybe it's just Spring?

Just tell me yes, because it's what I want to hear.
(childlike behavior reference final 4)

Happy spring weather- go paint something pastel!

xoxo, Amy











No comments:

Post a Comment