Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Moving TWICE in a month...jelly?!

pbbffft.  not only are you NOT jelly, you're totally laughing AT me.

I mean, that would be my knee jerk reaction should you have shared the same sentence with me.
Moving sucks.  Every single detail of it.
So when you do it TWICE?

TWO TIMES in ONE MONTH

1st of the month directly followed by 31st of the SAME month well...

You are either batshit crazy, own stock in U-Haul, or something so insanely beyond your control turned your entire family's life upside down and you needed to get the frickity frack out PRONTO!

I'll let you pick your favorite reason.

That said, my little shop has suffered and been terribly neglected in the past month and a half.  I attempted to add some new items a couple weeks ago, but it wasn't my best effort, and that's just sad.
I so love my Etsy shop and it's been the best thing that's happened over the past year!
But life likes to shuffle once in a while, whether we like it or not.

So I've been renewing my items, but only a handful have actually been new to the shop.
You can easily tell those by the brick background.
Which I LIKED, sans the color, at first.  But now I'm all bitterpants.  I am considering something similar for my photos moving forward and to push all that negativity out and away.

Added to the list.

You know THE LIST.
The list that never seems to get smaller and it's filled with all those things that hit your radar and you need to either do, eat, incorporate, attempt, buy?

Ever shifting top 10 on my list.
Which now is dominated by the moving boxes and miscellany piled up around me.

fine.
(said like a 10 yr old brat)

The wicker peacock chair has found a new home.  We did have a few items break in one of the 2 moves, and I'm trying not to dwell.

Dropped a wad in Ikea.
it's so incredibly impossible NOT to do.
But when you need some temporary fixes and you need them NOW, it just can't be beat.
We all look at the site or our catalogs ahead of time, I mean you're going there for necessities so you'll work off a list!
ha.
Insane sticker shock at checkout 
every freaking time.

I did manage to score this super awesome rug at Ikea for literally half off of already cheap!


The sticker said display, but I'm telling you - I could NOT find one mark!

That kind of makes up for all the many, many rolls of drawer liner I bought.



Not at Ikea, I stumbled upon this beauty which may or may not head into the shop.

It's dusty but in great shape, no damage and has the perfect amount of gold. 
I wanted to keep it for my foyer, but it's just a smidge too small for that entryway.
I've got to at least try it in a few more areas before I let her go.

Can I just say,
Terrariums are just everywhere.
Succulents are just everywhere.

Terrariums WITH succulents.
So easy, and yet so difficult to kill.

So naturally, I'm now stockpiling glass domes and cloches.



And all you have to do really, is just buy one succulent you like and when you knock a piece off you just plop it in some soil in another or a bud vase with water and let 'er root and start over!
(this takes a very long time, so if patience ain't your game, just buy many and buy small)

I am obsessed with the string of pearls.
Google - so worth it!


Between all the glass I'm hoarding and so many tarnished metal champagne coupes and goblets I've stashed -  I'm super set!  Coupes in both brass and silver-plate - they'll be so great all mixed together!


I've got some much needed fun heading my way this week, and I'm so thankful for it!
I need to recharge and refocus and get my head back where it belongs.

Give yourself some needed love, fun and refocus.



xoxo, Amy















No comments:

Post a Comment